Should You Rent Out Your Vacation Home?
- You find a great job in another state.
- Do you sell or rent your home?
- Think about reasons for maintaining ownership. Do you want to keep the home in case you ever move back? Are you looking for a tax break through property depreciation?
- Do you want the home as a retirement investment?
- On the other hand, are you prepared to be a long-distance landlord? There are other costs involved as well, often running 30-40% of income before the monthly mortgage cost.
- If you decide to rent the home, call me? I'll help you with ideas & resources for including interior and exterior painting and patching, carpet cleaning, appliance tune-up, ensuring adequate insulation, and fixing what needs fixing.
Let me help you with the decision by helping you figure out your true wants & needs.
Tiffani L. Lambro | REALTOR 928.277.9166